Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn heater not working

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
hmm i had somthing similar, turned out to be a combination of having no thermostat, AND the heater core was blocked, so i just flushed the bastard out with my garden hose, works pretty good now..

ALSO, correct me if im wrong, but on my vn, the valve is circulating water to the heater when there is NO vacuum applied to it, this also got me when i was looking for the problem. try unplugging the vac hose see if the coolant flows, and also check if theres a blockage in the core

onlinejames

Reaction score
undone a hose to the heater core and ran the car with no water and after a while i started to get water coming out, i believe it may have had a air pocket in the heater core if thats possible, also i noticed while driving the temp never gets off the bottom mark, when im at idle the temp gets to the 1st mark and i have heat coming from the heater, which makes me think there is no thermostat

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
2 bolts, very hard to get to, right behind the 3800, u can see the hose at the back, there a pain to change on S1