Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN heater won't blow in right places

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
hi all
i'm a noob and i know it :D
i've got a 91 VN calais, auto with climate control and electronic controls

my heater and A/C always blows to the feet, even when i switch it to face or windscreen

i've compeletly removed the entire dash, and i've found the VAC pipes and heater unit
i've checked all the servo pumps for the door flaps and theres no leaks from the pipes at this stage
(i tested it by opening the flaps by hand, and put my finger over the tube opening which stops it from closing due to the vacumm)

i've been told to check hoses from the throttle to the VAC ball, so i follow the only black pipe from the back of the throttle, goes to a T-section, one side goes to firewall, the other goes around to the airbox and into the wheel arch and then to nothing!
i don't think i have a ball!

but it's always worked before

any ideas guys? thanks in advance!

picts

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Hrmm so when you turn the Knob from Foot to Face.. Do you hear/see your vents flicking?

Could be something as minor as the metal rod connected to the Switch being detatched.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The hose has to connect to something. I was told when fitting climate control to my 91 VN 2 months ago that if the 2 hoses that go throu the fire wall are connected around the wrong way it will only blow to your feet (read not work). My 91 VN is out at the moment so I cant check at this time but will have a sqwizz later tonight.

PS there are no nobs to turn with climate control only buttons to push....

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
sorry guys for bringing up an old thread, but ive got the exact problem, but I dont understand how to fix it? can someone try to explain it a bit easier? lol im still new to cars