Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN HELP coil or crank angle sensor

twisted_666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore executive
can sumone please help me i am having problems with my VN commodore ill b driving along and all of a suden it will start jurking around realy bad, stalling, and i think its running rich.

i took it to a mechanic and the computer scan said it was the crank angle sensor or the DFI so thay replaced the DFI and gave me a (new) and thay took it for a test drive, thay came back and told me it was fixed so i started driving home got bout 10 min out befor it started again so i had to wait untill the next day befor i could take it back to the mechanics and thay told me it must be the coil as thay put a (new) coil in that thay had sitting around there workshop for ages hmmmmm that aint new but thay said that wont replace it becaus it was free but i say thay should because i payed for my car to be fixed and its not anyway thay told me to buy a new coil so do i buy the coil or do i get the crank shaft sensor people keep telling me the sensor but i wana ask people that know what yhay are on about lol please help me and im sorry there is a story to go with it just thought it might help

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
When it starts jerking around, try pouring some cold water on the CAS and see if it gets better. If it improves, then you need a new CAS.

twisted_666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore executive
thanx

ill give it a try and will let ya know how it gos

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So if the scan said the CAS or the DFI why is the mechanic saying coil? The DFI has been replaced so logically the next thing to replace would be the CAS.

twisted_666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore executive
i dunno the mechanic said its the coil but i think ill go get a new CAS thanx ppl ill let ya know what happens