Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN help please

JGlinatsis

Ratty
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8 V6
Hello how is everyone?
I just got a clapper VN lexen and I have my full exhaust from my 93 VR extractors Y pipe and cat back will that all bolt up to the VN and if so what is the best way to get it off with out taking the motor out? I was thinking unbolt the engine mount's and jack it up from the sump with a plank of wood or something so i don't push it in.

MrNutter

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX wagon
Couldn't tell you if the extractors will bolt straight up but I can tell you not to jack the engine up from under the sump, plank or not. Better off using an engine hoist or block & tackle to lift the engine if you need to.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Yes it will all fit but i don't see why you need to take the engine out to fit the extractors and never jack your motor up from the sump.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I believe the hangers on the exhaust are in a slightly different spot from vr to vn, exhaust shop can weld on new hangers in the right spot for cheap. will fit as long as the vr was live axel as well

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Ive had a VR cat back on my VN for a while. Only difference is the final length out the back, all hangers were the same for me.

Extractors should come out without having to move the engine, depending on brand tho.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes, it will swap straight over. The only reason the length is different is the body, all the hangers are in the same spot.

To remove the extractors you will need to undo the steering coupling, remove the two rack mounting bolts and push the rack over to the right as far as you can. The LHS is easy to do, the RHS is tricky. Fitting to the VN will be the same. It may also be necessary to remove the starter motor depending on the brand of extractors.