Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN HSV SV-50 ? I Need Info

Phukkah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV SV-50 Commodore
Hey Guys,
I was looking for a car in Melbourne Trading post & I saw a car advertised as _ Vn commodore with Calais interior cheap with reg till Feb 2008, There was a pic I saw it was in good nick on the outside & had HSV rims on it, so I went to look at it & noticed SV enhanced stickers on rear quarter windows, real nice leather interior, & a HSV logo on the dash with a build number, Then I open the bonnet to see a HSV logo on a body tag with SV 50 on it !!!!! I couldn't give him the $$$$ quick enough, So now I have it in my name & all RWC crap done but I don't really know how much it is worth? or high up the HSV model list?, Is it better than a SV-3800? Any help or Info would be great as there is only 1 site I could find on the net but it was very basic on details Cheers Scott

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
does it have a actual HSV build plate under the bonnet on the firewall?

Phukkah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV SV-50 Commodore
Yes sure does

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
It is a hsv enhanced holden, The build plate will actually have a model number and this will determine what features the car got. V6 models were SV40 and SV50, whilst V8's were SV100, SV110, SV120, SV130, SV140 and SV150. Higher numbers don't always mean a better spec car either and each of these packs then had an options available to spec them even further.

Thanks to calaisturbo for the info

Phukkah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV SV-50 Commodore
Mate thank you so much for taking the time to help, Calias turbo was the only info I could find, I wonder how many where made? & how rare are they? & what they are worth? I tried to find more info but there is not much around, there is also a wagon version of these cars I saw one on ebay, So for now I assume they must be kinda rare, Hey thanks again

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The wagons have a 5 on the end, eg 105, 115 etc. Chances are theres a wagon variant of all the VN range.

VN was the biggest range of HSVs ever made. I saw an ad for a SV3800 Wagon in the trader. Turns out it was only an enhanced car, not a 3800 model (i only considered it because of the dash clock they get)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
worth a little more than a normal commodore but not as much as a hsv