Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Indicator flashing fast

holdensmychoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina 5sp 3.8
Hey guys, I have a small problem... just today when i went out for a drive i noticed my left indicator is flashing fast... so obviously i thought ah yeah 1 of the globes have blown... but i got out and had a look and both front and back indicators are working fine.. flashes normal to the right but the left flashes like its blown 1 but it hasnt. I pulled the fuel pump fuse out under the bonnet when i was doing something and put it back in and i noticed it after that.. i dont know if it was just a coincidence but thought id mention that. Any ideas guys? Cheers - Jay

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Is there an light on the dash for the left indicator?

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Hey guys, I have a small problem... just today when i went out for a drive i noticed my left indicator is flashing fast... so obviously i thought ah yeah 1 of the globes have blown... but i got out and had a look and both front and back indicators are working fine.. flashes normal to the right but the left flashes like its blown 1 but it hasnt. I pulled the fuel pump fuse out under the bonnet when i was doing something and put it back in and i noticed it after that.. i dont know if it was just a coincidence but thought id mention that. Any ideas guys? Cheers - Jay

Clean all the rear wiring loom lugs thoroughly with contact cleaner, check earth & continuity of bulbs & lugs with multimeter then see how you go. It could also be the flasher unit but through experience what I have written here has solved this intermittent issue in the past.

holdensmychoice

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina 5sp 3.8
Clean all the rear wiring loom lugs thoroughly with contact cleaner, check earth & continuity of bulbs & lugs with multimeter then see how you go. It could also be the flasher unit but through experience what I have written here has solved this intermittent issue in the past.

Thanks mate will defenitely try that tomorrow and update if it fixes the issue

lumpySS5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz SS
I have the same problem on my old vn except its the right side. Rear wiring looms are brand new as I replaced them recently due to corrosion. Problem occurred after a blown bulb but persisted after bulb was replaced. Did you ever find a solution?

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Usually main causes of this are obviously a blown globe and also incorrect wattage globe or globes fitted!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Issues with the flasher unit thingo under the dash can cause that. Think it's about $17 and may rectify your issue.

Maybe swap one from a mate's car and see if it fixes it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2