Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN interior - Boot Lining

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Hi all,

My VN has nothing (moulds, plastic, wood etc) in the boot what so ever. Nothing covers the lights the spare wheel (which is mounted on the side - Not sure if this is stock or not) and I only have carpet in there.

It is also leaking water, which I am not sure if that is why the inside cabin smells a little funky too .. I check the boot one day after I was driving in the rain, and noticed that the walls inside the boot had water all over them.. I am not sure if it is the seals in the brake lights, or coming through from the boot seal...

I was going to customise some MDF flooring, but don't really want to carpet it all if the boot is letting in water... But what I would like to see is some good detailed pics of a stock boot to see if there is any plastic I can get my hands on to help return the boot to stock....

Next project is also to have a fair bit of rust cut out of the car... :(

Thanks in advance :)

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
My berlina doesnt have no special carpets/plastics except for 1 to cover the spare tyre.. And the floor carpet..

If your boots leaking id get new rubber seals done :)

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah mate, theres no plastic as such in the boots... just carpet with what looks like a bad job of sound deadening on the bottom and the spare wheel cover. and yes, all vn/vp spare wheels are mounted on the left hand side of the boot off memory (u dont have a special wheel spot ;))

cheers
Josh

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Mine doesn't have anything except a bit of scabby old carpet. It looks pretty horrible in the boot! As far as I know,a moulded carpet from a VR - VS will fit and looks a lot better as it covers up most of the quarter panels and the spare wheel.

I don't know about the water leaks. Mine leaks but I can't find where it's coming from, even after sitting in the boot with a torch while someone hoses down the car. I might just put some mood lighting in the boot and call it a water feature :whistling

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Shortstuff said:
Mine doesn't have anything except a bit of scabby old carpet. It looks pretty horrible in the boot! As far as I know,a moulded carpet from a VR - VS will fit and looks a lot better as it covers up most of the quarter panels and the spare wheel.

I don't know about the water leaks. Mine leaks but I can't find where it's coming from, even after sitting in the boot with a torch while someone hoses down the car. I might just put some mood lighting in the boot and call it a water feature :whistling

Get Jamie Jury (or however he spells his bloody name) to put in your water feature... :yeah:

I think I may just proceed with the custome MDF flooring that I want to do then ... Thanks for the confirmation guys ... :bow:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
yeah ive got those molded carpet in me calais its heaps better than me old VN boot which had big rust holes in corners of boot leacked like crazy ended up puttin a bucket in there to catcha all the water... bout 1ltr-2ltr in 6hrs in rain.....if u wanna find ur leak hop in ur boot n get sumone else to hose the boot unitl u find ur leak....need torch to see in there too....

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Yeh when I bought my calais it come with all those moulded pieces...bottom boot carpet was in immac condition as well not a drop of water had touched it.