Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN LAPD - I Was Bored..

LAPD-VN

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 5sp - LAPD
Name: Tat

Model: 1989 VN Bits n Pieces

Colour: Black & White

Ks: Unsure, changed dashes a few times

Body Work: A few decals here and there

Engine Type: Buick v6

Engine Mods: Standard

Exhaust: Pacemakers with twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust

Gearbox: 5 Speed manual

Diff: Standard atm, 3.45's and mini on its way

Power: Untested

Wheels/Tyres: 15 Inch Cept's

Suspension: SSL's in the front and standard FE2 in rear.

Brakes: 1inch break booster

Interior: Bits of this, bits of that

Stereo: x2 12inch kicker comp subs, powered by a pioneer mono block, also have apline front door speakers and jl audio 6x9's in parcel shelf. All powered from a jvc head unit. Also a portable dvd player connected to head until.

Other Mods: Heavy duty clutch, new ecu tune, have to refit 5 point harnish seats with seat belts, red n blue strobes behind the front grill for show/event purposes only and a bar light in production.

Cost so far: $$$$ lost track.

Future Mods: Either a s/c or a t/c depending on money & roll cage.

image288uz6.jpg

default020ot4.jpg

default015eu8.jpg

pullovervt2.jpg

The following photo's were taken my other members on the Silvan Damm BBQ day.

lapdgi8.jpg

anglezx3.jpg

img0300xn0.jpg

Also a short video of the car at last years spring car nationals..

YouTube - Spring Car Nationals 2008 Friday Night

When i get a good day and i can polish the car ill also get some night pics with all the lights working.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I love this car. nuff said

p.s if ur after some more cop lights i can help you out

skitzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
wl caprice
Hey dude ,

I saw this on the cruise and thought it was ace!

Something so different but as soon as I saw it I knew it was done in a u.s. Cop car paint.

You must have alot of spare time!!!! LOL

Good luck with it and hope to see you out and about in it.

Nige(skitzn)

Last edited:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Thats one of the best cars I have seen on here for a while lol

Well done :dance:

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Car looks sweet, seen it a few times...Love the pic with the real cop car behind you...ever need help with wiring (although I'm not a qualified electrician, and if i kill or injure anyone, or burn down your car I have no back up) I'm happy to help :thumbsup:

LAPD-VN

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 5sp - LAPD
yeah i have few more strobes to put in the reverse lights and head lights. im in the process of "aquiring" one of those flouro light tube cases to make makeshift bar lights. As for the cop car behind me. I did something stupid by over taking a car from the right hand turning lane. I had no idea where the police 4x4 was but they caught upto me at the next lights.

As for the pillar spotties, ive seen them on ebay but as im out of work due to a back injury and well centrelink take their sweet ass time doing anything about payments.. TAC are hacks. I sorta just get by with what i can find laying around the house and at hard rubbish.

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
haha cool car dude. ive seen something very similar on ebay about 6months ago or so.
What does the 'motto' on the side doors say? I cant read it but i reckon it should say something like "to defect and perve" lol

Good basic mods done, definetely go the SC14 if you wana blow it, I think i read that u know stocky so he might know a thing or 2 about sc14's . LOL

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
yeah i have few more strobes to put in the reverse lights and head lights. im in the process of "aquiring" one of those flouro light tube cases to make makeshift bar lights. As for the cop car behind me. I did something stupid by over taking a car from the right hand turning lane. I had no idea where the police 4x4 was but they caught upto me at the next lights.

As for the pillar spotties, ive seen them on ebay but as im out of work due to a back injury and well centrelink take their sweet ass time doing anything about payments.. TAC are hacks. I sorta just get by with what i can find laying around the house and at hard rubbish.

cool, well if you need any help with that just ask :thumbsup:

LAPD-VN

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 5sp - LAPD
haha cool car dude. ive seen something very similar on ebay about 6months ago or so.
What does the 'motto' on the side doors say? I cant read it but i reckon it should say something like "to defect and perve" lol

Good basic mods done, definetely go the SC14 if you wana blow it, I think i read that u know stocky so he might know a thing or 2 about sc14's . LOL

The doors say atm "to serve and protect" but ive had people tell me to change it to "to severe and disrespect"

I saw a vn painted like this yrs and yrs ago up in qld. I asked the guy selling at that point if he ever had the aus cops hound on him. He said it wasnt a daily driver but they still didnt. So i figured it was a better idea than my faded crows feet paint i had on the car and yeah. Since then ive not been picked on for defects or anything else. Only pulled up today for "illegal" lane changing.

Hell when the car used to be bog stock blue i was pulled over daily for "random" licence checks and rego checks. Now i just get the police seeing it as a novility.

Btw thanks LightningVP. I may just take you up on that offer sometime. Im only doing basic driving atm until i can replce the rear tyres. They definately arent upto the police/vic roads standard for tread. My opinion is if you can still see a tread pattern they are safe.