Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - LE 91

Manda Lee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey guys I recently just purchased a VN V6 which has had an engine conversion ( a 304 out of a VR Calias) Car was delivered today (came from Canberra to Sydney) I didnt notice last week when I drove down after work to inspect the car after staring at a computer screen all day the LE & pinstripe stickers. After googling this I'm led to believe the car is infact a geniune limited edition with A8J stamped on compliance plate. I have attached a screenshot I found in a forum of a letter from Holden Customer Service . The car does have powered mirrors and grey piping around seats. I'm just after any info anyone has on this particular model as I cant find much at all.
Cheers & thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-16-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-16-09.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 315

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
It will have a hsv build plate above the brake booster it it is legit showing build number and model id. Im guessing it probably is not as you could not of missed it. Good luck though, stranger things have happened.

H

harrop.senator

And where in that letter does it say hsv enhanced mate? Not all special model holdens are hsv two very different things especially back in vp days.

If its got it stanped on the compliance and the options it will be its no where near a fancy enough option set to bodgy compliance plates. Sv5000i or group a yes maybe as ive seen it lol.

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
Oh my bad,i just assumed op was referring to the HSV VN LE models. Didn't read the letter, apologies.

Manda Lee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Thanks for your input guys ☺ car does have the extra options listed on brochure (ebay link posted) all but the electrical aerial thats long gone! To be honest the fabric is pretty hideous but in immaculate condition as is the rest of the interior. Car is dead straight except 2 small dents (Good thing my partner is a panel beater / spray painter ☺) and no rust anywhere. I brought it off the 2nd owner who done the engine conversion. Looking forward to getting this one back on the road

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I once owned a 1990 VN Vacationer sedan. It was very similar, same wheel covers, colour coded bumper, grill and most of the LE options. The pin striping was different, it was blue and it had "vacationer" where yours says LE on the sides and also a Vacationer sticker on the boot lid. I also think both the LE and Vacationer had similar trim but no red piping. The vacationer may not have had the chrome exhaust I am not sure and in addition to the LE it had a fairly heavy duty Hayman Reece towbar fitted from the factory. It had a specific 3 letter code on one ID tag but I can;t remember what that was now. There should be some photos of it in one of my posts.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-old-vn-vacationer-sedan.121596/
I ditched the huge steering wheel and replaced it with one off a VR ute which was a bit smaller and much nicer looking.

Last edited:

Indrid cold

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN executive 3.800 V6 sedan.
What would a 91 vn le 3.600 sedan sell for.

Attachments

• IMG_20171112_180057.jpg
    IMG_20171112_180057.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 251