Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn light problem

danny32

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commdore v6 1989 -90
when i turn on my parker lights my tail lights,dash lights and front beam lights all flicker then when i press foot on brake the dash light will come on can anyone tell me what could be the cause or have they had this problem and been able to fix it my only other option will be an auto elctrician could it be an earthing problem or a bad globe somewhere i have a vn commdore 1989 model the problem can be intermittent but most times when lights are turned on they will all flicker any help would be great

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
when i turn on my parker lights my tail lights,dash lights and front beam lights all flicker then when i press foot on brake the dash light will come on can anyone tell me what could be the cause or have they had this problem and been able to fix it my only other option will be an auto elctrician could it be an earthing problem or a bad globe somewhere i have a vn commdore 1989 model the problem can be intermittent but most times when lights are turned on they will all flicker any help would be great

From memory the problem may be a short around the brake switch area. There was a thread a while ago - last year - but cant remember if it was fixed.

To test this just unpleg a wire to the brake switch (while in the driveway:) ) and see if you still have the problem.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
brake light bulbs being 1 pin instead of 2 or corosion in the plugs or a bad earth all at the tailing connectors is what you would be thinking of

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
I'd be sussing out these things.

- check your earth wires, eg. from battery to body - negative.
- check all globes could be one is shorting out.
- do what greenvn said :)

write back what else you've done to sus it out.

danny32

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commdore v6 1989 -90
vn tail lights

thanks to everyone for their advice i have gone out and bought new globes i have taken all the others out and replaced with the new globes and there hasnt been a flicker yet much appreicated the help from everyone as i'm new to this and i wouldnt think a faulty globe would cause this problem thankyou to all