Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Okay!

so the new toy is a phoenix red VN exec!

I was looking around for a daily driver, so i could do some work to my VP... but somehow i ended up buying a project car :S

Pretty much a bog stocker except for a later-in-life added leather interior, some fast glass, tinted windows, and faded paint.

she needs a bit of work, but the body is straight and the car drives straight :p

Now for the fun bit! - she's in the garage awaiting some work!

I haven't got any solid plans for it yet really, other than it's going to receive a modified RB30ET motor with some form of big snail attached to the side, and a tuff auto! I'm aiming for something powerful enough to scare me - and also pull some good times and impressive hp figures.

I plan to update this thread weekly or so with pictures and progress, as i hope for this to be a pretty intensive operation over the next few months.

So for the first of hopefully many updates, attached are a few pics of how she looks at the moment.

plans for the week are
- remove lpg stuff
- remove motor and gearbox and ecu and wiring and lots of other little bits and pieces
- start neatening up the engine bay

Attachments

• 0-100 run068.jpg
    0-100 run068.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • 0-100 run069.jpg
    0-100 run069.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,464
  • 0-100 run070.jpg
    0-100 run070.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,200
  • 0-100 run072.jpg
    0-100 run072.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,669
Last edited:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Nice man!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to follow this project.

Cheers
MaT

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm going to call him "aka dendenmushi"
Red Snail

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
Hey man, nice plan but can i suggest something a bit better?

dump the single cam head and bolt a twin cam off a r32 Rb25DE engine, these take boost sweet and will give alot more power (and lets face it twin cams sound mean on boost) my m8 over here has built an N/A 1 with the 25 pistons, damn it gos hard

the non turbo head bolts straight on, he just had to move the cam belt tensioner a little bit, for turbo you dont need to change the pistons

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Nice project ride mate, good luck with the motor when u get around to it, if u find that your getting slack crack open a coldy :D

If you wanna work fast slap on some tunes!

The interior looks very clean :)

J

JUDDO13

i love the interior its hell sweet, i was also thinking about doing this to my vn but with the rb25det then scrapped the plan when i figured out how much it would cost but would be grate to see somethink similer to what i had planned

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
dump the single cam head and bolt a twin cam off a r32 Rb25DE engine, these take boost sweet and will give alot more power (and lets face it twin cams sound mean on boost) my m8 over here has built an N/A 1 with the 25 pistons, damn it gos hard

I've considered the twin cam head, I'll see how much money I feel like spending..

however, a lot of dudes are running in the 10's with just the rb30 single cam head, with a bit of work, and a crazy cam!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
And on day seven the phoenix arose from the ashes
rise_from_ashes.jpg
Because it's 400kgs lighter now????? :p