Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nangkang toursports come in 245 15's
i got thm on my stockies and they are like $130 each, cheap yeh i know but they are pretty sticky for the price

you can cut an inch from your inner guards and move the guard right into the chassis rail. im gonna eventuallydo that to my ute cos you cant tell you ahve done it if it properly with good welds and the proper metal

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
.....good welds and the proper metal

so..... sledgie and measuring tape ? :D

I think a 245 should fit in the guard anyway - considering i'm only at FE2 height...... if I roll the lip on the guard? but I guess there's only one way to find out :p

Do you know if the inner guard is the issue? or does the lower control arm and shock get in the way too?

I had a look on the nankang website but they don't list a 245/15 toursport! do you know what 'code/model' your tyres are?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i bought a batch of 6 tyres 3 years ago so they may not make them anymore. zincaneal and an angle grinder sounds a bit better to me:thumbsup:
mine hits on the inner guards with 18/ 245's, its got another inch or so before it hits the trailing arms

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Need to minitub it haha, nah all seriousness this car is pumping out figures that blown 6L VEs are giving and it weighs like half a tonne less, can I ask how long do you reckon at least 20 psi is gonna last, is that fairly safe or do you need to tone it down abit for the engines sake? then again ive read about VLs with about 400-500kw lol

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Need to minitub it haha, nah all seriousness this car is pumping out figures that blown 6L VEs are giving and it weighs like half a tonne less, can I ask how long do you reckon at least 20 psi is gonna last, is that fairly safe or do you need to tone it down abit for the engines sake? then again ive read about VLs with about 400-500kw lol

they'res a good reason for fitting forged pistons and rods and a good headgasket + ARP bolts everywhere... given he had it dyno tuned and it runs a safe afr i dobut it will pop because of boost, maybe a killer burnout, but it shouldn't shatter its self...

keep up the good work luke, when my motors built ill have to come race you down the strip!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
You should consider talking to ajax wheel in morrabbin my mate got a set of ford stockies widen an inch and they can change the offset too to give more clearance if you need cost $150 to get 2 rims done.
Anyways thats some more top work there that power curve looks crazy I wonder if you'll be getting banned from any drag strips soon

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I got boreds and made a airbox out of perspex (cause I've never really worked with plastic before)

came out pretty good, just needs a bit of a cleanup.

I've sealed it all around with pinch-weld.

seems to do a good job! i'm yet to sample temps etc, but after a drive, the actual box itsself is significantly cooler than the rest of the bay! plus when i'm at the drags i'll be able to pull the headlight for max cold air action!

dunno if it's the cool air or something else - but on the same setting on the boost controller it picked up an extra few psi after this mod. Had to turn it down a bit!

Attachments

• airbox1.jpg
    airbox1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 278
  • airbox2.jpg
    airbox2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 261

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
hey too bad you couldnt get to the all holden day. did you get the coolant sensor fixed?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hey too bad you couldnt get to the all holden day. did you get the coolant sensor fixed?

I know that sucked :(

yeah coolant temp sensor was a 5 min fix - i was tightening it up on the sat night and it snapped in two :( - luckily it was easy to pull out the remaining part!

oh and more tuning on the way for this Tuesday! - mostly just more drive-ability stuff though, as opposed to more power. (well unless i sneak an extra pound or two of boost in!)