Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/P cooling fan wiring

oldboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wgn & VL Sdn
G/day guy's, was just wondering if someone could tell me if the wiring for a V8 cooling fan is the same as a V6 ?
I am fitting a Gilmore Drive to my son's car an he is fitting a new shroud with electric cooling fans. Does the wiring stay the same, and can we connect to the same harness. :confused:

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
id run it to a switch im aware you arnt asking that question but at least it gives you more control :thumbsup:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
check this https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-fit-thermo-fan-bypass-switch.53659 it has all the answers to almost every question you will probaly come up with in regards to this subject

in short. yes the loom is the same, just remove the external electric fan that is fitted for the aircon (assuming you have aircon) and wire the thermo's into this circuit. you may have to put a bigger fuse in for the bigger twin thermos. then you need to get the tune altered on the memcal to turn the fans on at the apropriate temperature (when it's used for the aircon it doens't turn on untill a much higher temperature)

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
or as rob said run ur own temp switch - this is what i have done with my twin thermos, cost me 40 bux for the temp switch and it has a adjustable thing on it - so i can choose what temp to turn it on

oldboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wgn & VL Sdn
Cheers guy's, for the reply's.
We wired the thermo fans with a switch as per threads i read, seemed the best way.