Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Panels ? fit Vq

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
cheers dude

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
whats a vq rolling shell worth, no motor box seats all that just the shell rolling wot would u pay?

as i might be gettn the whole car

cheers

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
vq shell with full panels in good nick, minus interior dash diff motor gearbox mags front and rear lights and everything else worth having ... probably about $500 - $800 but that all depends on the condition of the panels.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
VQ rear doors are not the same as sedan. not sure if the wagon is the same as statesman. but i know sedna are different. i have a statesman and a calais sitting next to each other and they have different doors. if anyone wants a good VQ shell PM me. I have one with no interior. completely stripped. has the diff still though,. make me an offer. would be a good one for someone who crashed theres. i think there is one little tiny finger dent in one of the doors. also needs bumpers but has all the steel panels.

for an extra price the power windows would be included. all other wiring is out and buggered. i haven't yet pulled the power windows out yet though. it is also white in colour and not crashed at all by the way. has a small engine fire

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
defa said:
VQ rear doors are not the same as sedan. not sure if the wagon is the same as statesman. but i know sedna are different. i have a statesman and a calais sitting next to each other and they have different doors. if anyone wants a good VQ shell PM me. I have one with no interior. completely stripped. has the diff still though,. make me an offer. would be a good one for someone who crashed theres. i think there is one little tiny finger dent in one of the doors. also needs bumpers but has all the steel panels.

for an extra price the power windows would be included. all other wiring is out and buggered. i haven't yet pulled the power windows out yet though. it is also white in colour and not crashed at all by the way. has a small engine fire

Yeah you're right, they are different. I just checked. The actual doors are the same, but the top part where the quarter panel window sits is different.

The rest of the doors remain the same, which is why sedans have the rear door go all the way to the rear wheel well, but the wagons and Statesmans have a small section between the door and rear wheel well because of the longer wheelbase, but same doors.

Sedan has a shape that leaves the 1/4 window very narrow at the top, the wagon is basically parrallel, like a rectangle window and the VQ Statesman has a cross between the two.

So the wagon doors will not fit either. Here is a pic of what I mean:

Attachments

• VN Sedan, Wagon, VQ Rear Door Comparison.JPG
    VN Sedan, Wagon, VQ Rear Door Comparison.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 233

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
defa said:

i bet ur not in brisbane? lol fingers crossed

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
s0sage said:
vq shell with full panels in good nick, minus interior dash diff motor gearbox mags front and rear lights and everything else worth having ... probably about $500 - $800 but that all depends on the condition of the panels.

yeh i was thinkn the 400 500 mark