Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN power cutout around corners???

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mate, driving quickly is a world away from driving radically or unsafely.Ive been driving quickly for 25 years,Ive never crashed a car,or even had a speeding ticket.Ive got a NSW gold 5 year licence now,and I never drive at the speed limit,always over it.(except school zones) or in areas where kids might be around town,,but what Im really getting at is that 95% of SS owners drive them slower than normal,like 60-70 in an 80 zone,or 40-50 in a 60 zone etc.,as I said,its like they are scared of them,I see it every time I drive,theres an SS going slow or even holding up traffic.And its usually people aged over 30 driving.

What a stupid bloody admission. From what you tell us, you are in your mid 40's and you haven't grown up yet.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id bet that most peole on here speed at some time.They are just too sad to be able to admit it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So what.I drive to suit the conditions.And Im not takling about doing 50 or 100 kmh over the limit,Im talking about a few k's over.As I said before,theres a huge difference between driving quickly and driving like an idiot.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
So what.I drive to suit the conditions.And Im not takling about doing 50 or 100 kmh over the limit,Im talking about a few k's over.As I said before,theres a huge difference between driving quickly and driving like an idiot.

I would love to see you justify that to the police or the courts.

"Sir, can you explain to my why you were speeding back there?"..."Officer, it's alright. I do it all the time, and I never get caught. I'm only driving quickly, not like an idiot"

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I would love to see you justify that to the police or the courts.

"Sir, can you explain to my why you were speeding back there?"..."Officer, it's alright. I do it all the time, and I never get caught. I'm only driving quickly, not like an idiot"

It never ceases to amaze me,theres always some do gooder on here trying to come across as a model citizen thats never done anything wrong.Pfff.Probably one of these people who drive their SS at 40 kmh everywhere because they are scared of driving it properly..

Last edited:

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Wrong. In all aspects mate.

I do speed sometimes. Rarely. Unlike you, who rarely stays on, or under the limit. Difference. As a matter of fact, I'm an actual P plater, driving a V6 VN. Notorious hoon car, but guess what? Because I do drive sensibly, I RARELY get pulled up. The only times I get pulled up, are when I'm 60km from my home area and they wonder what I'm doing out there.

So grow up, and learn to respect the law a bit more. It's there for yours, and everyone elses safety.

poyter

Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted 3.8lt 5 speed T5 manual VN S2 Commodore
i agree with brett_jjj tho.... like tell one person that dont speed... god damn my nan speeds lol and she is in her 60's

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Wrong. In all aspects mate.

I do speed sometimes. Rarely. Unlike you, who rarely stays on, or under the limit. Difference. As a matter of fact, I'm an actual P plater, driving a V6 VN. Notorious hoon car, but guess what? Because I do drive sensibly, I RARELY get pulled up. The only times I get pulled up, are when I'm 60km from my home area and they wonder what I'm doing out there.

So grow up, and learn to respect the law a bit more. It's there for yours, and everyone elses safety.

Yeah,your on p plates,probably inexperienced.So I can see why you look at it like you so.Most experienced drivers KNOW what they can or cant do,whilst keeping yourself,AND other road users safe at the same time.I know when I can sit on 105 - 110 kmh in a 100 zone and I regularly pass highway patrol at this speed,I dont try to slow down when I see them like 99 % of people do,and more than likely,the copper is doing 110 too.Ive never been booked yet,as I said before,Ive never been booked in 25 years.I dont even think Ive ever gained any demerit points against my licence .But I agree with one thing,your on your P plates ,you stick to the speed limit like you say you do and there will be one less unexperienced speeding P plater..