Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN power cutout around corners???

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hey guys im having a problem with my VN Commy, Every time i give her a squirt around a roundabout or around a corner the power completely cuts off for a few seconds then returns ???
One time it has actually stalled on me... im not even spinning the wheels...? it only happens around corners though.. if anyone can help me id appreciate it. Thanks!!!

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
how much fuel is left in the tank when it cuts out? could be as simple as running low on fuel and it moving to the other side of the tank.

rose

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vp v6 sedan
my vp does the same thing,so i make sure i dont accelerate too fast when coming out of a roundabout

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys im having a problem with my VN Commy, Every time i give her a squirt around a roundabout or around a corner the power completely cuts off for a few seconds then returns ???
One time it has actually stalled on me... im not even spinning the wheels...? it only happens around corners though.. if anyone can help me id appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Well if you drove the car normally, you wouldn't need to be putting the foot down through corners!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well if you drove the car normally, you wouldn't need to be putting the foot down through corners!

Pfff,what!!!!.Mate, some people arent scared of their car and actually like to drive it,which usually includes accelerating through or out of corners etc,reading that reminds me of these clowns who buy an SS or whatever and then drive then at 40 km/h everywhere.Im sure most people buy one thinking it makes them look good,then they are either just too hopeless or scared of driving it. 99% of SS owners I see, drive them like granny,why not just get a normal commodore if you cant drive,driving a sports oriented car like granny is just a waste of a good car.And driving quick doesnt always mean driving like an idiot.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Pfff,what!!!!.Mate, some people arent scared of their car and actually like to drive it,which usually includes accelerating through or out of corners etc,reading that reminds me of these clowns who buy an SS or whatever and then drive then at 40 km/h everywhere.Im sure most people buy one thinking it makes them look good,then they are either just too hopeless or scared of driving it. 99% of SS owners I see, drive them like granny,why not just get a normal commodore if you cant drive,driving a sports oriented car like granny is just a waste of a good car.And driving quick doesnt always mean driving like an idiot.

You were obviously were never taught, or understanded the concept of "Time & Place". Just because people buy an SS and you don't seem them open it, doesn't mean they never do. Or it does. What difference does it make to you anyway? For all you know they could take it to a track and be sensible about it.

Mate, some people arent scared of their car and actually like to drive it,which usually includes accelerating through or out of corners

Sorry, I didn't realise there was another way of driving a car :S

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You were obviously were never taught, or understanded the concept of "Time & Place". Just because people buy an SS and you don't seem them open it, doesn't mean they never do. Or it does. What difference does it make to you anyway? For all you know they could take it to a track and be sensible about it.

Sorry, I didn't realise there was another way of driving a car :S

Mate, driving quickly is a world away from driving radically or unsafely.Ive been driving quickly for 25 years,Ive never crashed a car,or even had a speeding ticket.Ive got a NSW gold 5 year licence now,and I never drive at the speed limit,always over it.(except school zones) or in areas where kids might be around town,,but what Im really getting at is that 95% of SS owners drive them slower than normal,like 60-70 in an 80 zone,or 40-50 in a 60 zone etc.,as I said,its like they are scared of them,I see it every time I drive,theres an SS going slow or even holding up traffic.And its usually people aged over 30 driving.