Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Project

thorson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Hi guys,

I have had my VN Commo for 7 months now and now i have decided to turn it into a project car. (even though it is my only means of transport) Well here is whats gettin done to it at the moment.

Springs: Lovells Super low springs

Shocks: KYB

Wheels: Not quite sure, prob 17"

Exhaust: Something to give it a bit more noise.

Engine: ?

Kit: Prob VN clubsport kit.

Paint: looking at a metallic silver. Not much of a change from current colour.

Stereo: atm Fusion mp3 player. everything else stock.

If neone has any ideas of what else i can do let me know. As you can see i don't know much bout engines and exhaust but i do know a bit bout suspension. (1 of the joys of working for Lovells Springs.)

mat_vn3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
hey mate,
how bout irony my vn project has stuffed suspension atm....i kno enuff bout engines and what i don't kno my plant mechanic for a brother does....i've made most of my car off ebay including cold air intake(which incidentally this site has an installation guide for) an intake mod chip which is good and cheap a redline k&n airfilter and if your vn is like mine an don't have 1 a tachometer...for your exhaust i'd recommend a 2 1/2in lukey...if your like me an have a tight budget just get it cat back but if you gotta bit cash to jingle round ask 4 extractors as well...most people would also say a supercharger is a goodway to go but i certainly can't get 1 atm....thats basically the suface job on my vn.....hope i've been of some kind of help to ya...incidentally my commy is a v6 so mayb this is little help to ya if you own a v8

dezrik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5.0L Berlina S2 Slushbox
1991_Vn2nV said:
No such thing as a VN Clubsport man, so good look getting a VN Clubsport kit lol

I think maybe he means the VS, etc. Clubby kit for the VN (just guessing.)

pwr051

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VR
They did make a VN Clubsport thank you very much

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VNClubsport.jpg

thorson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Update:

Well the suspension has been completely overhauled. That cost around $700 to $800 for the parts.would have cost me bout $2000.00 if i didnt work at lovells.
Exhaust has been fitted. Standard VN sports exhaust from Carline Mufflers.
Thats about it atm due to rego being due early this month and phone bills and loan being paid.