Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Rear Speaker Wire Location?

saint_matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
Hello, I just put 6x9's in my back shelf and my VN didnt come with rear speakers stock, and I dont have a clue at all where to find the wires for them to extend them to the speaker. Where can it be found!? Thanks

saint_matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
COINERS said:
you need to run new wires mate

Do you mean run new ones from the back of the headunit? Becuase the wires for the rear speakers are there, but then they go behind the dash and im not sure to then.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
saint_matrix said:
Hello, I just put 6x9's in my back shelf and my VN didnt come with rear speakers stock, and I dont have a clue at all where to find the wires for them to extend them to the speaker. Where can it be found!? Thanks

Hope you didn't cut any metal from the parcel shelf.

saint_matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
mouce said:
Hope you didn't cut any metal from the parcel shelf.

Nar, I put the on the front of the parcel shelf where the metal underneath dips a bit lower, and I also put them on the outer edges of the shelf where the wood raises up a bit. So they are just sitting on the metal and they are perfect.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Same issue mate... there is wires but they do go behind the dash and then dissappear... run new wires, stright from the adapter plug on the HU (if u used one). Will solve all your problems.

Speaker Wire at Jaycar... $0.70c - $1.10 a meter... thats for good stuff... not OMG holy crap thats awsome wire, but enough to get the job done efficently.

Would reccopmend against the magnet being on the parcel shelf.. reccomend spacers. There $30 - $70 approx from autobarn or super cheap.

aZk.

saint_matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
azkwazere said:
Same issue mate... there is wires but they do go behind the dash and then dissappear... run new wires, stright from the adapter plug on the HU (if u used one). Will solve all your problems.

Speaker Wire at Jaycar... $0.70c - $1.10 a meter... thats for good stuff... not OMG holy crap thats awsome wire, but enough to get the job done efficently.

Would reccopmend against the magnet being on the parcel shelf.. reccomend spacers. There $30 - $70 approx from autobarn or super cheap.

aZk.

Is sitting the magnet on the metal bad? Because I thought there would be some problem somewhere, but then was advised there was nothing to worry about. Thanks

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
it will change the magnetic field a bit.
is the speaker screwed down?

saint_matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
garfa said:
it will change the magnetic field a bit.
is the speaker screwed down?

Only into the board, and its a crap job, half of them have already popped out haha