Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VN] Reasonable rear speakers to fit into original location of VN Calais.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Oh yes because I have zero experience you are the master I shall bow In defeat..... I forgot how many 4" speakers I see in high end audio installs even budget installs that still sound decent... I also forgot how car audio has nothing to do with the trade I am qualified in....

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
abu5u7y5.jpg

Ummmmm, 3" speakers in a high end SQ install. To the op. go and audition Focal 4" components. I think they'll surprise you.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Car Audio is the trade you are qualified for.....
All six months of qualifications?

How many years experience?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I dont mean to be 'that' guy but 4" speakers are **** no matter what brand. And as for 6" speakers in the rear any will fit and look stock with the factory grills in place

Standard (Calais) system, 4' front, 6' rear, sounds good to me, not earth moving, but quite satisfying for regular listening.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Huh? I said im not qualified in car audio

But you implied that somehow your trade has given you knowledge and experience in car audio and that you know what is good and bad. So know we have another **** fight that has clogged up yet another thread with inexperienced and useless comments that often lead people to making the wrong choices.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Oh yes because I have zero experience you are the master I shall bow In defeat..... I forgot how many 4" speakers I see in high end audio installs even budget installs that still sound decent... I also forgot how car audio has nothing to do with the trade I am qualified in....

You said it right ******* here.
Don't get upset when we call you on it.

On topic. To the OP. If you buy cheap or expensive speakers, its still going to sound better than it did.
If you have any more questions, ask. I for one will stop being the protagonist in this thread. However I did own a VN and did do similar modifications to mine and other people's cars. For both a living and for my own enjoyment.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
But you implied that somehow your trade has given you knowledge and experience in car audio and that you know what is good and bad. So know we have another **** fight that has clogged up yet another thread with inexperienced and useless comments that often lead people to making the wrong choices.

You said it right ******* here.
Don't get upset when we call you on it.

On topic. To the OP. If you buy cheap or expensive speakers, its still going to sound better than it did.
If you have any more questions, ask. I for one will stop being the protagonist in this thread. However I did own a VN and did do similar modifications to mine and other people's cars. For both a living and for my own enjoyment.

Well it says im not qualified and that you were right. Dont get your knickers in a twist because I bowd out respectively.