Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN restoration

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
here's a few more pics of the resto .... the doors and front guards have been painted the interior has been cleaned up and sprayed so it all matches as it nigh impossible to buy 2nd interior plastics and have them all match for obvious reasons such as fade and different batches made.........she heads off to the trimmers this week for the interior to be renewed , ceiling of cause, renewed door cards , seats and the dash, as it is cracked so it and the cards will be sent away to come back like new again. I am thinking it false economy not to have the heater core renewed with the dash out as well. Door handles have been sent to powder coaters
IMG_2795.jpeg
IMG_2814.jpeg
IMG_2819.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Quote..."I am thinking it false economy not to have the heater core renewed with the dash out as well. "

Yes,great job.Don't forget the AirCon Evaporator as well.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Do it anyway.....it's one of those jobs that suck to do on your own like taking fuel tank out to replace all fuel hoses etc

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
Do it anyway.....it's one of those jobs that suck to do on your own like taking fuel tank out to replace all fuel hoses etc
Quote..."I am thinking it false economy not to have the heater core renewed with the dash out as well. "

Yes,great job.Don't forget the AirCon Evaporator as well.
yep all being done....cant be getting around these days with 44 deg summer dayz with no aircon !!!
its currently at the motor trimmers having the whole interior done with the window tinting too..........................ive kept the time piece Pioneer six stacker CD player as iam a time piece with plenty of CDs as well and just replaced the speakers with new ones

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
IMG_1677.jpeg
IMG_1676.jpeg
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1684.jpeg
IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1676.jpeg
IMG_1677.jpeg
IMG_1684.jpeg

car is now at the trimmers, i got the velour seat material from old mate down Victoria who advertises on EBay you might have seen it with the SS seat material. Its expensive ..for the 7 metres required it cost $1700 !! but i couldn't use any other as it wouldn't look right ....the roof came up a treat ....carpet comes in two pieces now, iam ok with that its not a concourse resto...so long as iam happy with it is all that matters... trimmer will be fitting the stereo speakers too as well as cutting me a new spare tyre cover...dash and door cards have been sent off to be reskinned....i scored both those unbroken seat belt clamps a few years ago on ebay for $70

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
Top quality restoration.
By the way what type of ball park price for respray?

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
Top quality restoration.
By the way what type of ball park price for respray?
for just the respray about about $20K......all up for parts, interior,spray not much change out of $40K