Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN ride height 15" versus 19" wheels

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Gday guys, now my VNSS is lowered quite alot and is running stock VNSS wheels with 205x65's and the fuggin thing is just to low.If anybody has been to knox city shopping centre and those fuggin speed humps,well when i 1st brought the car i went there and went over these humps and at a very low speed all of a sudden "SLAM" (hoping it just hit the floor and not the tranny) just as the front wheels clear the hump...Fkn **** myself..lol
So this is unacceptable so now im wanting to get some 19x8's with 235 tyres and wondering will that actually raise the car at all? The previous owner had the same size wheel and tyre combo before i brought the car off him.

Just how low this car is i had a flat tyre 3 nights ago on the front and i couldnt even get the jack into the jack position....00o0 ffs then there was no wheel brace in the boot ,so drove home 20mins on a flat tyre(very slow of course) and totally killed the tyre(was pretty crap tread wise anyway)..... Had to use the jack from my vn calais and jack the back up abit so i can get the jack under the front and then take the back jack out and so on...Was planning on getting wheels anyway as i rather not change all the springs and then get the wheels at the same time.

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Mate, dont reminde me about knox city speed humps, i go there almost every second day and i hate the bloody things.

If you get 19s is will raise your ride hide but not to much.
If you have the cash then go ahead, but i wouldnt go out of my way to buy new rims to raise the height.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh there shocking in the ozone area,was getting 19" wheels anyway and was kind of hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Like as the car is now i cant even reverse up the ramps because the ramps are already hitting the spare wheel well and the fuel tank before i can get the ramps to the back tyres.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
ah thanks for that,,bloody hell it will sit a fracion lower if im reading the calculations correctly.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
nah it will sit a bit higher and it will drive better too.
i cant stand driving with 15's on my ss now since i fitted 18's

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh im hoping it will drive better,ive got the feeling the front end is not liking the 15's alot with the car being as low as it is. What sort of difference did you notice when you had 18's put on wildss?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yeh there shocking in the ozone area,was getting 19" wheels anyway and was kind of hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Like as the car is now i cant even reverse up the ramps because the ramps are already hitting the spare wheel well and the fuel tank before i can get the ramps to the back tyres.
sounds about the same as mine :) to get my car on ramps i have to only drive on with about 1/3-2/3 of the tyre on the ramp to avoid hitting my tank/spare wheel thingy....

and 19's will raise it, with 15's i would scrape on things when crawling (only some speed humps) but when i had 17's on mine for a couple weeks i could go over and no scrape at all, so 19's would make it even higher...

what springs do you have in the front? look at airstrikes car, i think he has supers?

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh not sure what model springs they are but there pedders all round.

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
bigger rims are always a plus... it will slightly raise your car but it will also look and handle better... only minus is tyres cost more... gl wit it