Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN S1 Fuel Fillter installation

Ayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series l
just wanted to know how difficult it is to put in a new fuel filter

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The fuel filter is near the fuel tank under the car.Its easy to replace,just remove the fuel pump fuse from the fuse box under the bonnet.Start the engine and allow it to idle until the engine stalls.This proceedure will depressurise the fuel system so you can then remove the fuel filter without fuel spraying everywhere,.These fuel systems retain residual pressure ,even when the vehicle is turned off.Once the fuel system is depressurised,just remove the two clamps and remove the filter,make sure the arrow on the new filter faces the way the fuel flows.

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Or you can do it the half assed way and jump under the car undo the clamps and try getting the filter off (which will cause fuel to go all over your nice white top :( ).
Depeneding on how long since it was last changed it can be quite stiff.. took three of us 30 mins to get mine off simply due to the hoses being tight and stubborn.

Have fun but

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I used to not bother depressurising the fuel system,just used to let it spray out until the pressure dropped.Then one day while doing this,I got petrol sprayed in my ear.Getting petrol in your eyes is absolute bliss compared to getting it in your ears,I thought Id have to go to hospital it was that bad for a while,I just kept running it under water for about an hour,it came good,but it was sore for ages.Anyway I learnt my lesson,the hard way as usual.Depressurise the fuel system first.