Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn s1 new diff gears, no calibration, rev limiter change

Manual Calais

Manual VN Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
T5 VN Calais 3.8
Hi guys, I reccently got a lsd put in my vn manual v6 s1, at the same time i got the diff gears changed from 3.08 to 3.45. Ever since i got this done my car has not been going as well. For example, i used to beat my mates manual vs by a car length, now we are even, my mates auto vy same deal. i was under the impression i would gain a little bit not lose.

Now for the question. I never got my speedo recalibrated after this, i just know that when the speedo reads 110 i am only doing 100. is it possible that since my speedo is reading higher then it should the revs are reading higher also and it thinks its on the limiter at 5500 when its actually revving less? or are the revs calculated completly seperatly?

any other input would be apreiciated also

cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
No. The revs displayed are not based on your drive line ratios like the speedo is, they are picked up from the DFI module. I.E. they are 'read' from the engine directly and have nothing to do with your diff, what is being displayed on the dash is actual.

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
as above, nothing to do with each other, you need a speedo corrector to fix it, unlike newer commodores the speedo is wired directly to the vss in vn/vp so it's not a simple recalibration of the ecu.

Why rev it to the limiter anyway? The engine stopped making decent power long before it, shift earlier and you will probably start beating them