Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn s2 lack of power.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Also means go to the petrol station twice as often :)

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl turbo/ vn supercharged
i hav just noticed a fuel leak from the little 90 degree rubber hose that comes off the back of the fuel tank. its leaking enough to run a wet strip on the bottom of the tank that leads to a single drop clinging to the tank. would this b enough to interrupt the fuel delivery under pwr?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
how do i go about that with efi? im old and have lived in carby land 2 long.;)

you just need a good remap im sure delcowizzid or greenfoam can fill you in :thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Not really a VN should be able to run to 100 in under 8 seconds stock on the stock tune if everythings as it should be. My old series 1 used to go 7.2 0-60 mph on the stock tune, 7.1 on the SV3800 tune and 6.9 was the most I was ever able to get out of it. They all vary a bit sure but you can't make magic out of them they just aren't that kind of motor. It's being laying int he front yard for years now but I had a little hoon in it on a permit last year and it's stuffed now, wont go faster than 7.5 :), you have no idea how slow that feels compared to 5.5

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not really a VN should be able to run to 100 in under 8 seconds stock on the stock tune if everythings as it should be. My old series 1 used to go 7.2 0-60 mph on the stock tune, 7.1 on the SV3800 tune and 6.9 was the most I was ever able to get out of it. They all vary a bit sure but you can't make magic out of them they just aren't that kind of motor. It's being laying int he front yard for years now but I had a little hoon in it on a permit last year and it's stuffed now, wont go faster than 7.5 :), you have no idea how slow that feels compared to 5.5

yeh, pity tho, i think im gunna need sum of that magic u speak of to work this out:bang: , mines got no nads:D. and wow, 5.5! wot do i need to do to get that pwr? Also, could a gearbox issue rob me of this sort of pwr? not that i kno i have one, but the driveline did come out of a rear ended car?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
my vp runs under 8 and sure without major mods it aint going anywhere to fast but its fun getting there lol

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
yeh, pity tho, i think im gunna need sum of that magic u speak of to work this out:bang: , mines got no nads:D. and wow, 5.5! wot do i need to do to get that pwr? Also, could a gearbox issue rob me of this sort of pwr? not that i kno i have one, but the driveline did come out of a rear ended car?

if the box is slipping sure you lose a bit of rear wheel power and look at some diff gears atleast then you will be puting the power down better and to get a 5.5 you need a v8

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
if the box is slipping sure you lose a bit of rear wheel power and look at some diff gears atleast then you will be puting the power down better and to get a 5.5 you need a v8

well i load tested the box and it didnt feel like it slipped at all but i guess that method is a pretty sketchy,unless the box is slipping real bad. as 4 diff gears, i may do that later but id like to sort this first. with the fuel reg, can i use a s1 type to test/use? and can i use the s1 injectors? im not sure if they flow any differently?