Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn series 1 exhaust manifold gasket

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i just pulled the exhaust manifolds off my vn to start to put my turbo setup on.. and realised there is no gaskets. i have replacement ones to go on there. but i just thought it was strange. does anyone know what the go is with this..

lilredwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon
gaskets?

neither of the S1 motors that I have, use an exhaust manifold gasket. in my experience, exhaust gaskets tend to fail - just use a hi-temp sealant and make sure it is oxygen sensor safe (will say so on the label) or you might create a few more headaches...;) unless the new gaskets are special turbo ones?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
the gasket are ones i bought at a swap meet. just old stock ones. maybe i better think twice about using them.. they came from an exhaust place that had closed down and he was selling all his old stuff.. they are res if that means anything to anyone.. maybe i shouldn't use any at all.

vpbt1ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS manual
i would be using a gasket if you have them on the it if you r turboing it better for handling the high heat than sillicon

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i didn't think of that. i am going to use them seeing i have them..