Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Series 2 - VR Bellmouth

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
it sounds kinda like you've done some damage to your throttle body gasket in the process of pulling it off... either that or its not sitting in 100% straight.

the tiniest bit of escaping air will give you that wooshing sound as the motor sucks air through it

pull it down and have a look at the gasket and make sure its not ripped. if its all ok, just put it together **** CAREFULLY.... this is going to affect your fuel economy a bit if its not sorted out as the air/fuel mix will be wrong

B

bergles

nah the gaskets are fine. everything is lined up all good. the sound isnt a whooshing its more like a mechanical types sound.....eg. a QUIET engraver or router. it idles fine and everything, got a tiny bit meatier sound in the exhaust, just cant figure out why my fuel rail is making noise now even though i didnt touch it. im gonna try and see if the computer will let me know what the deal is.

B

bergles

well the computer says A ok. stripped it down and put it back together again and now its gone....bloody car. a nice mod that works a little. has definately given it a slightly meatier sound in my car (i have 3in from diff back) but i need to do the whole exhaust cause now i got a sub and good speakers and i cant hear my car enough. next will be manual conversion and decent L.S.D. i want a commodore that will drift like a champ.

RS 2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 /VR V6
I have removed bellmouth on my VR V6 did couple of quick power runs (as I work in a dyno tuning workshop)and no extra power anywhere in the rev range so naturaly I put it back where it came from

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
rs 2000 thanx if theres no gains i wont bother taking it off

R

rattattack1313

I will have to get my machine on a dyno then..I reckon mine blooody flies now........ :yeah:

X

XR8TD

well im goin 2 look into it for my vs, im jst workin it out if it worth it or not?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
XR8TD said:
well im goin 2 look into it for my vs, im jst workin it out if it worth it or not?
hate to burst your bubble man, but i dont think your vs has one. if you have the ecotec motor which you should have, then this thread is irrelevant to guys like you and me....

Dasampsta

Drifting Vp sedans if fun
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp SS Banger
yeah mine is making that crap squiel noise now so i might put it back in and do that gaskets at the same time.

Maybe just do the gaskets now. test it over a long period of time. don't bother reading this becasue im just talking to my self.