Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Series 2 - VR Bellmouth

Fitty

Reaction score
rattattack1313 said:
Why would anybody modify any part ???? To make the car go better, of course......... :rat:

My point is, given what I said in my earlier post, it wouldn't make the car go better because it would result in uneven wear and not all cylinders could run as efficiently.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yes but you are missing the main point...
IT MAKES YOUR CAR GO FASTA
and if your not a cheap arse you can get a $25 cold air intake system from bunnings and it will run like normal accept with more power at the wheels and isnt that what we all want

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Stewart1000 said:
yes but you are missing the main point...
IT MAKES YOUR CAR GO FASTA
and if your not a cheap arse you can get a $25 cold air intake system from bunnings and it will run like normal accept with more power at the wheels and isnt that what we all want

or u cood do wot my mate did (i think some one on here has done this be4) but) cut the top half of bellmouth off :p he reackons his idle is the same but rekons its more powerful (mind u i dont believe him, since my vr kicks his vn any day :p)

lennyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Stewart1000 said:
if your not a cheap arse you can get a $25 cold air intake system from bunnings and it will run like normal accept with more

Seriously? Looks like I'm off to bunnings

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah seriously, and its better all around, cold air into the engine = better everything, fuel economy power engine life

L

lumina 2004

Introduced in 1995, the Series II is quite a different engine. Although the stroke for the 3.8 L engine remained at 3.4 in (86 mm), and the bore remained at 3.8 in (97 mm), the engine architecture was vastly changed. The piston connecting rods were 1 in (25 mm) shorter, so the crankshaft was redesigned. A new intake manifold improved breathing, and a new cylinder head had larger valves. The result was 205 hp (153 kW) and 230 ft.lbf (312 Nm), better fuel economy, and 26 lb (12 kg) lighter overall weight.

The 3800 Series II was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 1995 through 1997.

[edit]L36
The L36 was the first Series II version of the 3800. It has a 96.52 mm bore and 86.36 mm stroke for 3.8 L (3791 cc) of displacement. Power is 205 hp (153 kW) and torque is 230 ft.lbf (312 Nm). It was first introduced in 1995.

This engine is or was used in the following vehicles:

Buick Park Avenue
Buick Le Sabre
Buick Regal
Buick Riviera
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet Lumina LTZ
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Pontiac Bonneville
Pontiac Firebird
Pontiac Grand Prix
Oldsmobile Delta 88
Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oldsmobile LSS
Holden Commodore

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
fitzy2005 said:
(mind u i dont believe him, since my vr kicks his vn any day :p)

That's the funniest thing I've ever read. My VP V6 absolutely destroys any V6 VR or VS out there, and the VNs still give my VP a good run for it's money.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
fazz1977 said:
That's the funniest thing I've ever read. My VP V6 absolutely destroys any V6 VR or VS out there, and the VNs still give my VP a good run for it's money.

vs yes prolly, they got crappy ecotechs, vr i doubt it they would, but be very close, but your refereing to your moded car and prolly a half stock vr?

look here:

comparison between vp series 2 and the vr series one when both stock

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/comparespecs.php?key2=HOLD92GP&key=HOLD93FY

Last edited:

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
don't remove now I've decided I have put mine back in but. I modified similar too rattattack1313 but I opened the mouth and cut the whole thing lower and level. Idle is like normal, but throttle response is awesome. give some in a corner and womba. instant smoke. I have also die grinded the butterfly stopper on top of the throttle body to give the car 100% throttle and relocated the throttle cable mount in front of the kick down cable mount. i.e

p.s I have a VN motor transplant, soon to be putting my original VQ heads on it that are slightly :whistling modified

Attachments

• cable mod.GIF
    cable mod.GIF
    7 KB · Views: 879