Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Series 2 - VR Bellmouth

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I like that idea for the throttle body mount spoo1in, would let the throttle bosy spin all the way around much easier, no need to push your foot almost through the firewall to get 100% action

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
hrmm i didnt know the vr had a higher compression than the vp other than that they are completly the same hey

S

stephen88

remove it. not much power increase but response is increased noticely

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
I was going to remove mine to see if it felt any better, but then I decided to try something different and cut some grooves on the innerside of where the gaskit sits. When im driving a low speeds and then tramp it it seems to be more responsive but the ideling is horrible. One minute it purrs the next its nearly stalling then its lumpy and then its happy again. Im putting it back to the way it was. It just doesnt seem right running like that.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I ripped the bellmouth out of my VP this morning, and sanded the throttle stopper back to 100%, and I was quite pleased with the results. I'll be pairing this up with a high-flow filter and some form of ghetto cai soon, for best results :)

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
Tell All

hey all, instead of telling all of us that u av done it and it caused better response and stuff like that, y dont you tell us step by step instructions for the removal of the belmouth also instructions on how u sanded the throttle stopper back to 100%, as sum of us av got little mechanical knowledge and would love 2 no....Thanks alot, much appreciated:thumbsup:

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Read the whole post mate, there is a step by step guide.. It isn't exactly hard anyways, look at where it is, and you'll know how to get it out.. Also theres a guide to the 100% open throttle, do a search on it.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Yeh man back on the first page I posted a Guide up that I got from a Magazine, it has pics and ****

Last edited: