Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Series 2 - VR Bellmouth

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
err ima dumb**** i just found them!!! oops

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
removing the bellmouth worked wonders on my vp v6 took a few days but then i noticed how much it pulls up a hill you can feel the back 2 cylinders getting the required air its great and since i got extractors it sounds better as it revs bloody tops!

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
hey i just removed that bellmouth following that guide, did everything correctly, but now for some strange reason my car idiling in park is probably sitting at about 2500 revs?? i thought it would be something to do with the acceleration cable, because if i put it in reverse it reverses a lot faster than it used to with the bellmouth in vice versa for drive. but i got a mate to check the acceleration cable and there was no strain on it. could it be something to do with the computer that i havnt done or? aswell my engine gets really hot since it is constantly reving at 2500 when idle or driving.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
probably a vacuam leak from one of the gaskets or a hose missing did you reset the ecu then rev it to 2000 revs for 10-20 seconds to reset the iac did you use new gaskets or the ones that were on there best to put new ones in did you clean the throttle body while you were there

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
i just used the ones that were there "gaskets" umm i tried to reset the ecu, my car revs probably at 2500 revs atm! didnt clean the throttle body

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well i just did this to the vp and so far havent found any benefits, before and after resetting the ecu, didnt make much difference, might leave it out for a week or so but at the moment am looking at putting it back in, its obviously there for a reason.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
It was put into the S2vn onwards to equal the air intake to all cyliders, also because alot of old people complaind about spinning out around the round abouts cause it had more power and torque with out the bell mouth, personally i would leave it out get a K&N Filter and a VS S/C CAI to help the idle problem go to holden there about $60.
All to there own opinion tho :D

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Well its been out for a month and ive noticed throtle response marginally better but not worth the bother of taking it out, fuel economy has gone down the drain and idles quite rough, especially when cold doesnt want to take off from still at all. So, well its going back in, hopefully tonight...

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
I see you cut a fairly big chunk out of the back of that bellmouth but failed to widen the opening of it. You may have opened the back end up, but the air is still getting bottled up at the mouth of the bellmouth, maybe you should have also removed some of the plastic from the opening too.
Just a thought...................I could be wrong through, the throttle response after taking the bellmouth out completely and having a pod filter right on the Throttle body is insane, you should hear this car suck, with stock pipes it sounds like its got a 2" system :D

I'd love to see a pcture of how close your pod is to tb

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
my vq had all these mods. but in the end this one worked better
Belmouth.jpg

instructions
bellmouth.jpg

what running without a bellmouth can cause
cam1.gif