Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn series one manual conversion issue

Soops

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Calais
Hello, Im Chris and I own a toyota lexcen (series one vn) that i just literally finished putting in a vp series 2 Engine tail shaft (re-conned) T5 Borg warner 5 speed pedal box and new HD clutch & cable, running tune length auscar pacemaker extractors 2.5 from cat back stoked with all the work ive managed to do with a chain puller and a truss :/ just gone to start the bastard running the series one computer and moving the auto switch into park and cranking her over (got spark btw) only to realize the pump is making no noise or priming tried relay test light works on it tried running 12v positive from battery, earthing it out on car near the pump and nothing new fuel pump too, little to no pressure in lines, havnt even heard the motor yet. Shes a complete manual ecxept for interior work, and i cant get a brand new fuel pump going to test this beast out :( but I did burn out the old pump by trying to start whilst jacked up(idiot i know right?)so maybe burned out wiring? gonna pull pump out and see whats goin on in there 2morra, just wondering about the series one computer but cant see why it wouldnt work, any ideas? would be awsomely appreciated might even save me an auto electrician bill cheers :)