Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Series1 AUTO onto VP Series2 Engine

jimmy_mtx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Hi all.

I'm currently driving a 1992 V6 VP Executive S2 AUTO which goes very well.

I've read about the turbo setups, transgo shift kits, porting and polishing and the like :blah blah: and I've decided to keep the original engine + trans stock and "do up" another engine + trans. I'm in the process of buying a VN S1 engine and trans as it came up really cheap.

My question is: Will the VN Series 1 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION bolt up the the VP Series 2 engine without buying/making adapter plates? :unsure: because i want to give the Shift Kit a go on the stock motor.

I've done searches all through the forums and have only found info on manual conversions etc. So please don't say anything about manual gearbox's :thumbsup:

If this has been answered before can someone post the link and a moderator delete this thread thanks. If I'm pioneering something new (doubt it) then I'll find out the hard way and have a discussion about it :beer chug:

Thanks in advance :D

Ned.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
There should be someone here that knows for sure,i've got a early VP engine in my 1990 VN Auto(original tranny) Wagon and the guy i purchased it off said it bolted straight in but as i didn't do it myself its heresay unfortunately.I read on another Forum a few years ago that you can't mix & match engine/tranny when the computer went onto the Tranny but again heresay,not much help but at least i bumped your thread.

jimmy_mtx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Ok, Cheers for the help guys. The VN S1 engine and trans is back home now. I think I will have a go at measuring things up and if it looks close enough then give it a shot.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Theyre the same trans between the 2 - it's when the Vr came out they went electronic....