Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN speakers

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
hi all

I've found that it's really annoying trying to get to the back screws of my speakers. because i have recently bought clarion 6" speakers and i want to change them over. any ideas on how i can get to the back screws without much hassle?? ( BTW it's a sedan)

cheers

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
If they are in the parcel shelf, then just loosen the parcel shelf and slide it forward a couple of inches, makes it hell easy to get at the back screws. It's a bit of screwing around, but it works.

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
cheers mouce

umm yer i'm not all that mechanical so where are the screws/ bolts to the parcel shelf

thanks again

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
remove the part of the back seat your arse sits on. (slide your hand in the crack at the rear of the seat and pull up while hitting the front of the seat down and towards the rear of the car.
remove the upright back rests of the back seat. theres a small 8mm bolt at the base of each.
remove the plasic press in studs. they just pull out with a couple of flat blades ion either side.
remove the kiddie chair bolt in the center of the shelf.
then just have a quick look and see which things i have missed and it will come out easily.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
i could be off track, but are you saying it's annoying to get to the back screws of your speakers because you physically can't get to them or because the rear window is getting in the way of your screwdriver? I know i got pissed off trying to get the speaker screws out with only one size screwdriver which was a long one and the window kept interfering and i couldn't get the angle. simple solution is go to a hardware store and buy a shorter screwdriver. If this wasn't what you wanted to know in the first place then pretend i never posted this.