Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Speed Sensor

lemsua

Apple Eater
Reaction score
Website
www.ahoythere.co.nz
Members Ride
VN Exec S1 3.8
Hey fellas

I just converted my vn to manual (T5) but the speedo isnt working. Turns out the speed sensor I have is stuffed, the casing that screws it in has broken

Anyone know where I can get another sensor? they seem rare.

Or can I use the auto speed sensor? the little needle seems to big, or can i swap them?

any info would be cool...need the speedo sorted so i can get the rest of the car certd

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
its a straight swap, im running a vn auto one in my t5. you can get them new but for 220 plus

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You can use an auto speed sensor, and run a new sender gear for a manual. You can pick up the sender gear for like, $20 or something - VDO may have them - and the auto sensors are EVERYWHERE.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
You can use an auto speed sensor, and run a new sender gear for a manual. You can pick up the sender gear for like, $20 or something - VDO may have them - and the auto sensors are EVERYWHERE.

its the same part number on both the manual and auto

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
They may well be interchangable on the Buicks. I know for a fact they're not interchangable on the 304 transmissions.