Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Speed Sensor

lemsua

Apple Eater
Reaction score
Website
www.ahoythere.co.nz
Members Ride
VN Exec S1 3.8
Hey fellas

I just converted my vn to manual (T5) but the speedo isnt working. Turns out the speed sensor I have is stuffed, the casing that screws it in has broken

Anyone know where I can get another sensor? they seem rare.

Or can I use the auto speed sensor? the little needle seems to big, or can i swap them?

any info would be cool...need the speedo sorted so i can get the rest of the car certd

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey fellas

I just converted my vn to manual (T5) but the speedo isnt working. Turns out the speed sensor I have is stuffed, the casing that screws it in has broken

Anyone know where I can get another sensor? they seem rare.

Or can I use the auto speed sensor? the little needle seems to big, or can i swap them?

any info would be cool...need the speedo sorted so i can get the rest of the car certd

You can pick one up from the wreckers quite cheap, the auto and manual sensors are the same I believe.

lemsua

Apple Eater
Reaction score
Website
www.ahoythere.co.nz
Members Ride
VN Exec S1 3.8
oh really? ive got the auto one screwed in atm but still no speedo, actually thinking about it i took the litte plastic pin that sits in there out. i dont think i could get the sensor to fit on with it in