Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn ss,5spd,sunroof

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Engine: Holden 5ltr
Induction: standard bananas
ECU: Delco with chip torque chip
Heads: cast vn heads unsure of or if any work has been done
Cam: some form of aftermarket camshaft but yet again no specs
Exhaust:pacemaker Extractors, High flow cats,twin 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent over the diff then into single resinator

TRANS

Box:t5
clutch:heavy duty
Diff:lsd yet again unsure of gearing

UNDERCARRIAGE

Springs: Pedders(f) pedders(r)
Rubbers: Nolathane(f)
Brakes: stock

INSIDE

Seats: Standard s2 ss seats
Wheel: vn grp a by the looks[needs restoring]
Gauges:none
Sounds: kenwood cd,6#9s and two amps

RIMS

Rims: mixed combo under it at the moment for moving around

FUTURE MODS [already have these just need the time to install]

ap race brakes 330mm.
alloy aussie desert cooler.
355,roller rockers,solid 288 cam,ross balancer etc
respray
pioneer cd,clarion splits,6x9s,clarion amp,twin clarion 12 inch subs

hello all.just thought id post some info on my vn i have sitting here.well the story to how i own this car goes like this.i received a txt from an old work mate saying one of his mates had his ss for sale and he just wanted it gone as he purchased a new hsv.i already knew of this car and i replied asking my mate is it the one with sunroof he replied yes i was offered it at a price i just could not refuse.i had plans to keep the t5 conversion for a vh and palm the rest of it off but once i got it home and off the trailer i had a better look around and thought why the hell would i wreck a ss with a sunroof?so i decided that now the weathers getting good ill spend a bit of time on it and keep myself entertained.

in order for me to get this negotiations had to be made with the wife and one car had to leave my property before this arived so i made a quick call to a mate and we struck a deal and now one of my other cars lives in his yard now untill i can get around to doing some stuff to it.

aparantly the motor has seen 60,000ks on the rebuilt engine claimed to produce 270hp.

has an aftermarket rear bumper and missing the side skirts.to my suprise when i popped the boot there was another spare 3 piece boot spoiler sitting in there along with some tools *score* lol.

being a typical vn its faded needs a new starter motor etc.

better pics up after

[BERLINA]

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina
Sounds very tidy, going look great
What colour is the car?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Atlas grey.needs work needs a good 5k thrown at it

MADSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
pics mate.....

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
forgive me for the **** pics at the moment this is all i have im flat out at the moment.once i put a fuel pump in it ill be able to move it out to get pics......notice in the pic the steering wheel needs restoring...also has mint s2 trim

2012-09-15_17_02_27.jpg

2012-09-16_10_50_37.jpg

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
im also on the hunt for a ss rear bar and side skirts.

just got some info on the motor it has a small 268 cam and a bit of port work done.
by the idle i thought it would have been a bigger cam or maybe its a 286 and the old owner typed it wrong in the txt.

anyhow the plan is to run this donk into the ground and put my 355 into it or just sell of the current motor.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
well got to work onto all the rust in it.I assumed it had previous repairs but after removing rear bar tail light and spoiler I could then take most sections back to bare metal and found no previous crash repair work so that made me happy.

next step is to cut the rust out from the rear section under the rear bar and weld in some new metal then get a pro to replace the section above the tail light.pics up soon

also whilst i was at it the other day i quickly polished a bit of the bonnet.

2012-09-27_10_02_20.jpg

2012-09-27_10_07_00.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Woah man! vn's dont ussualy rust out that bad. You didn't park too close to an XF did you? haha. Should have a fair bit of grunt after all your mods. Can't wait to see it all finished.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
thats what happens when water gathers i guess.ive got a new beaver panel etc to go in

20121111_134431.jpg

20121111_134359.jpg

20121027_165821.jpg

vn4.jpg

vn7.jpg