Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Ss - How Can I Tell If It Is Genuine???

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yer but if u do a microcat lookup with the tag (L000000) it gives you the option codes and if they were used on that car.. so if im looking up a rear bar and i type in the tag and it gives me an ss bar then its genuine ss.. if it gives me an exec bar then its a mockup.. they should have bee able to tell you

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
true but he asked how to tell if an ss is genuine, not if the car is the original colour it came from factory with, there were white execs, white ss's phoenix red ss's and phoenix red execs etc etc, there were also other models in atlas grey.

Only ss's came with the Atlas Grey option hence looking at paint code. ie 2H023

kas699

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 5 speed commodore executive
so if i found a vn ss atlas grey wat code would i look for to tell me if its a true ss

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
um its in the vin.. im not sure off the top of my head but i can tell you 2moro afternoon after work.. theres like letters in there that say 8VL or 8VK or 8VX. i no that 8VX is calais, ss would be something similar but i cant tell you off the top of my head sorry.. im only an apprentice:) but it breaks the vin up into sections, giving you where it was assembled, options, v6/v8 trim style etc..

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
but yer anyone can giv me a vin and ill look it up

jim355vnss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss
hi all im new to this site but have got a lot of good info from here but i was wondering im about 2 buy a vnss pheonix red w/ auto trans, i would like 2 kno if original models also came out with wind up windows, as the one im buying doesnt have power windows ? im not that sure its an original, paint codes-2F028, susp codes-FE2, vin-6H8VNK19ULL415211.. i think this has to do with what type of trans the car has-VN8VK19-A9F im really unsure, so could any1 help me out ? does anything in these codes tell u that it is an vn ss ??? thanks.

Last edited:

jim355vnss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss
um its in the vin.. im not sure off the top of my head but i can tell you 2moro afternoon after work.. theres like letters in there that say 8VL or 8VK or 8VX. i no that 8VX is calais, ss would be something similar but i cant tell you off the top of my head sorry.. im only an apprentice:) but it breaks the vin up into sections, giving you where it was assembled, options, v6/v8 trim style etc..

hey mate could u possibly read onto next page where i have written n tell me wha u think ?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
hi all im new to this site but have got a lot of good info from here but i was wondering im about 2 buy a vnss pheonix red w/ auto trans, i would like 2 kno if original models also came out with wind up windows, as the one im buying doesnt have power windows ? im not that sure its an original, paint codes-2F028, susp codes-FE2, vin-6H8VNK19ULL415211.. i think this has to do with what type of trans the car has-VN8VK19-A9F im really unsure, so could any1 help me out ? does anything in these codes tell u that it is an vn ss ??? thanks.
That's an SS mate, the A9F is the give away. Yes they came from factory with manual windows.......elec ones only came with the power pack.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
just thought i'd add when you decide to buy one , check out inside the boot around the bolt holes for the spoiler. These tend to rust out a bit .