Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS INFO REQUIRED

Mands

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
  1. Hey guys I'm really needing some advice with trying to work out if my VN SS is genuine. I recently purchased it as a rough roller advertised as a VN V8 with calias interior & electric options & SS bodykit to use as a doner car for my other VN (was planning on doing it up as a mock SS) Long story short was at All Holden Day yesterday and got chatting to 2 different people who own genuine VN SS (both cars were atlas grey) they both advised if compliance plates indicated A9F or A9G the car was an original. (F being for Auto & G being for Manual) also paint code should be 2H023. Upon making a bet with the other half I said check the compliance plate on mine Im sure it ends with A9F, he was like yeah right bull****. He did not believe me so checked the pics in his phone. (Car was only delivered to his workshop last Thursday and I asked him to send me pics) Turns out I was right (Women are always right ) so we were told to look in a particuliar spot and if it was infact a genuine it would have another smaller compliance plate, which turns out it does. Upon comparing all 3 compliance plates & VIN chip in windscreen they are all matching numbers. The issue im now having is the car has had a full bare metal respray (Partner is a panel beater / spray painter) who took great delight in pointing out the car has Atlas Grey over spray under the parcel shelf (the only renment of grey he could find anywhere on the car)
    I've contacted Holden Customer Service who honestly were pretty useless so if any of you guys can advise on the below compliance details and can confirm its a genuine SS that would be awesome, cheers & thanks in advance

Model VN8VK19-A9F
    Trim 16I
    Paint 2H023
    Built Jul 90
    Eng LB9
    Trans N08
    A/C C60
    Susp FE2
    Axle GU4

Yesterday at 11:36 AMEditReport
    + QuoteReply

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Model VN8VK19-A9F
Trim 16I
Paint 2H023
Built Jul 90
Eng LB9
Trans N08
A/C C60
Susp FE2
Axle GU4

This
Easiest way is the Body and Option Identification Plate. Listed under model it will have VN8VK19-A9F for an auto or VN8VK19-A9G for a manual.
AirStrike :air:

from here - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vn-ss-how-can-i-tell-if-it-is-genuine.48993/

And this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holden_vehicles_by_series

Trim code I believe is correct.
Paint code is Atlas Grey - correct.
Engine code is 5 litre - correct.
Trans code ? Not sure what NO8 is. Sure it isn't MD8 (TH 700 auto) ?
Susp FE2 "sport suspension" - correct
Axle GU4 is 3.08:1 - correct.

Seems legit.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
if you want give me the full vin No and i'll check on holdens online, Pm if you like and send me your email address too

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
A9f or A9g with 161 trim that's sounds legit.
Also the cassette deck had an option for fader and the front calipers were finned they were features only available in SS I believe.