Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS proof of interior

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
It's not weird at all it's just had a tonne of hsv & calais parts thrown at it to look like it's full of optional extras...parts all bolt on & interchange.

It's how typical street cruiser/weekender would have been put together way back in 2000 era...heaps of Sydney cars rolled around like that even my lc gtr had hsv parts on it back then lol

You could easily buy those parts back then from forum ads & trading post/faceballs before crap like gumtree/ebay/fb marketplace.

Has some sought after parts so you'd easily recoup money back if wanting to take it back to stock look....if heritage checks out & price is right just buy it then drive it.

Last edited:

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Spot on mate. Originality only worries me if I had to try and sell it and get my money back. Fact is, it’s a genuine Atlas SS, so it’s always gunna hold some value. Bolt on extras can be changed if need be. I guess my only worry was the legitimacy of the kms, but the 5.0s are fairly cheap to rebuild so I don’t think that’ll hold me back

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it doesn't have 330mm brakes I'd slap on some refurbished vn ss wheels & leave the rest as is....that way can change look & character of the car whenever feel like a change.

You'll be in for a shock trying to find a set not buckled or stupidly priced after get complete set with caps then resprayed etc

But damn it's cool to have ol' grandpa look with stockers then slap simmons on when bored.

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Yeah I’m not really a fan of the current ones that are on there. Found a set of originals in Perth for $1000. I always liked the VY/VZ rims on VNs but they’ve been done to death so I might just leave the current ones for a while. I figured if I was going down the stock route, I’d wanna remove the bonnet scoop and source an original grille as well, so I might do that later on down the track

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Will the original rims not fit over the bigger brakes?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Spot on mate. Originality only worries me if I had to try and sell it and get my money back. Fact is, it’s a genuine Atlas SS, so it’s always gunna hold some value. Bolt on extras can be changed if need be. I guess my only worry was the legitimacy of the kms, but the 5.0s are fairly cheap to rebuild so I don’t think that’ll hold me back
The legitimacy of the kms is as good as the legitimacy of the cluster- they're easy to change.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Thought someone mentioned it has 330 mm brakes on it...if so 17's be the smallest generally.Did get 16' momo's to fit over 330's but looked horrible on vn-s models.

Have to measure & see what discs are on it...290mm discs with single pistons were standard although judging by pics & era it was probably built wouldn't be surprised if it has 330mm discs & twin pistons.

Throw up side on pic or measure discs.

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
That’s probably the best one to show them. Few from the back as well, but they only show the Callipers really
8592E253-2A13-4500-8BC1-1913FAFCFE39.jpeg
843B9F89-1208-4484-88E5-E3D19F6D82AE.jpeg
9B82C71D-241D-4291-BDCF-263A18468D7A.jpeg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak