Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS Rear Bar

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
Afternoon,

Quick questions: I need to replace the left and right bar ends on my VN SS, as the mounting brackets have pulled away from the bar ends, rendering the ends somewhat useless.

Is anyone able to tell me if the bar ends that are for sale at Rare Spares are what I need? Is the SS bar just a painted exec. bar with the lower skirts fitted?

Link to the bars page of the Rare Spares website:

Rare Spares Online Shop | HOLDEN > VN COMMODORE > EXTERIOR PRODUCTS

Thanks in advance for your help.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ummmm dude.....

need to attach brackets? its called sikaflex.... buy some, slather brackets and bar. marry the 2, masking tape in place and play the waiting game....

sikaflex-227.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Yes, I am well aware of Sikaflex, however I want to fix the problem as opposed to putting a band-aid on it.

lol, urethane isnt a bandaid dude. its a surgeon in a tube. if you prep it right it will never come off. those brackets will hold on even if you get rear ended... trust me dude, my whole vp is put together with it....

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
sweet thread, was thinking about what i could do to fix my VN SS's side mount as well. Mines only let go on one side so i'll give it a hoon.

appropriate cleaning/prepping of surface would be thinners, or prepsol or both? what do the panel beaters reckon?

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
sweet thread, was thinking about what i could do to fix my VN SS's side mount as well. Mines only let go on one side so i'll give it a hoon.

appropriate cleaning/prepping of surface would be thinners, or prepsol or both? what do the panel beaters reckon?

Mate, after some reasearch, the bar ends listed on the Rare Spares website are the ones you need. Just need to drill the mounting holes for the lower skirts.