Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS Tail lights Info

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Wondering if anyone has information regarding taillights on a VN SS. Im wanting to know if the SS had smoked style tail lights (tinted) or just the stock exec ones, and if both series 1 and 2 used the same tail lights.

thanks

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
My s2 vn ss has the smoked style tail light and same with my mates s1 vn ss so im guessing they both r the same.
Why do u need 2 kno? r ur lights the non tinted ones or somfin

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah the SS used the smoked ones on both the SI and SII.

wagonist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Sedan
I've got a similar question about the Exec taillights on the VP.
With the boot panel being red plastic light the lights, unlike the grey panel on the VN, were there different lights available?

Mine are both aftermarket faded clear ones & I would like to replace them with proper legal lights.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
there are 3 styles in the vp, the exec which is just typical red, yellow clear lenses, calais which is the same but with chrome pinstriping across the lights to suit the garnish and ss which is basically like calaius but red pinstriping

wagonist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Sedan
Is there a way to tell the quality?
I've seen a lot of faded lights, and I really can't afford any attention in regards to defects, etc.
Suggestions about where to get replacements (I've looked through the wreckers threads)?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
there are 3 styles in the vp, the exec which is just typical red, yellow clear lenses, calais which is the same but with chrome pinstriping across the lights to suit the garnish and ss which is basically like calaius but red pinstriping

Theres about 5 types.

Plain exec, grey stripes on Berlina, Chrome stripes on Calais, Red stripes on SS, Black stripes on some HSVs etc.

Rare spares should sell new exec lights, then just paint whatever stripes you have on yours to match, yourself. there $62ea i think.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

wagonist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Sedan
Not fussed where they come from, just don't want the type that are going to fade again, which I suspect means genuine.