Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Have had a 1991 VN SS since new and odometer has stopped working and fuel and temp gauges are intermittently sticking am wondering if it is worth fixing if so where or getting a new car, can not complain done 350k and still running smooth :) any info or opinion appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Keep the car, fix the dash. It's common enough for the dash gauges to fail due to dry solder joints.

Original owner since new, nice:cool:

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Odometer problems for these cars are very common. You can buy the small cog from ebay to repair it. It means pulling the dash cluster out and a bit of dismantling to get to it but its doable. I watched my brother do his vp dash last week and only took him an hour all up. I'm sure there would be a video on youtube on how to do it.

paulie-v

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1
Have had a 1991 VN SS since new and odometer has stopped working and fuel and temp gauges are intermittently sticking am wondering if it is worth fixing if so where or getting a new car, can not complain done 350k and still running smooth :) any info or opinion appreciated.
Hey mate would be interested if your wanting to sell, let me know
[email protected]

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Do you plan to post in every thread where someone has a VN SS to see if they want to sell?

Follow the forum rules, if you want to post a WTB thread make sure it's in the appropriate section and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.