Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn stalling - Fuel issue?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure if they can be bought new but there would be someone on here who has one kicking around. Not sure if my two spare TBs have one on them still, as they tend to fall off. If I remember I can have a look on the weekend.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
If anyone has a picture of one that'd be handy. I went to local wreckers looking for S1 TB to no avail but might see if they have some VP /VR ones that I can potentially raid for the adapter.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's pretty bad. Just a little square of plastic with a slit

images (21).jpeg

It's whole purpose is to take slack/void as the tps only has those little triangles to grip on to

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Alright I picked up another throttle body, this one had both the spring and the plastic adapter.

However, it has a much smaller shaft compared to the TB I had, leading me to believe I was correct saying the existing one didn't need the adapter.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Final update.

New throttle body with my aeroflow tps was better but still threw a code 22 despite running mostly fine.
Swapped back the junkyard TPS that came with the TB and seems to be running fine now.

A valuable lesson. Trying to replace **** on a VN is a waste of time. Just leave all the 30 year old sensors alone and run that thing til it breaks. :p

Also heres a picture of the other TB with the larger shaft that didn't have an adapter since we have at least cleared up that is apprently a thing.
2021-08-21 09.49.16.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
As mentioned lots of fake brands & junk replacement parts so need reputable supplier that is local so can take parts back same day or find supplier that doesn't sell junk.

The tps you had may have still worked ok if you made it adjustable by elongating holes & moving it slightly to be within factory specs.

But then again you'd think should be like genuine factory parts swap it over & issue fixed.

Throttle body you had may have already been swapped over...think first were 60mm blade & when you check full throttle it doesn't open all way inside so dudes would file stopper to get full throttle or just get later v6 model 65mm throttle same as v8 item.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
If you think it's your wiring, have a look at this (you'll need to rotate it as the manual wouldn't fit easily on my scanner) :

Attachments

• Holden Code 22.pdf
    601.8 KB · Views: 121