Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN stalling when selecting R or D

V

vnnickvn

a friend of mine had this problem on a vl and had to get his fuel pump and oxygen sensors re done.. cost like $800 all up but no more stalling.. had a similiar problem in my vn, but it only happend rarely so i never got it fixed

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Thanks everyone for the comments. I reset the computer and held it at 3 grand for 10secs which seem to have worked.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
reading the book, one of the first things it says is to check battery terminals, earthing points, etc. try cleaning terminals and battery posts and let us know how thats works, got this problem on my car but cant be bothered fixin it yet, will get around to it soon.....i hope.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
When I got the car the earth strap to the coil packs was undone and the one from the battery to the body was snapped. The idle improved a lot when I fixed those but was still stalling and resetting the computer fixed the problem.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
AH...well atleast we know now that it does have a fair impact on idle having poor earth. Ill do my battery first then computer second, just so i know what the problem was. cheers

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
um I would pull the kick panel on the passenger side find the ecu diag plug ... with 2 cents worth of wire (see gregorys manual) and find out what the ecu flashes up .. it will tell you if any sensor is catus, much easier then guessing, it sounds electrical... I be checking the gear shift sensor(forgot the tech name but think it is start inhibitor) , even thou it shouldnt effect once ya started but as the problem is gears I wonder ?