Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN stalls !! An then won't start for a while!!

holdenchicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 11
CAN anyone help Plz??? I have a vn an you will be driving along an it will just stall... sometimes i'm lucky if i quickly put it in neutral she might go again.. or i get stranded, or i will go to the shops go in come out 15 mins later an she won't kick over... I'll have to sit there anywhere from 1-2 hrs... I call the racv an when they get there it starts an shows no faults.... This started all one night driving home from Melbourne to my home in the country.. So has been going on now for 1-2 mths... Finally cracked it one night got stranded an called racv he got there an it did not kick over yayy, so i thought he might be able to tell me what's wrong... He said it's not getting any spark... So towed it to garage an he said coil pack-module so had it replaced!! (mind you was done approx 10 mths ago along with the pulley).. So he replaced coil-module an 1 day later it's doing the same bloody thing.... Now he tell's me it could be the computer??
Plz someone i'm at my wits end any ideas? suggestions?

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
it will be the CAS, (crank angle sensor) sensor behind the harmonic balancer, have them change that.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
first thing to check is the crank angle sensor. do a quick search and there's ways to diagnose it.
could also be the dfi, but that's less likely i think.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

holdenchicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 11
Hey thnx guys, really appreciate ur help but had my pulley done 10 mths ago, that is the crank angle sensor i'm assuming?? lol.... hey be nice i am a female here....
Can it go that quick again??

holdenchicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 11
Ohh is there a way to find out it is the crank angle sensor??? Does it show up a code?? That's what i thought... Or can you try the bucket of water trick!! Cause he keeps telling me it isn't showing any faults... An i just have to keep paying him for trying new things...

paulforaname

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
is it on gas? if so have you used supergas 100% propane?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
He said it's not getting any spark...

is it on gas? if so have you used supergas 100% propane?

yeah gas is really going to affect the spark.

stop paying your mechanic to do **** :). i know you're a girl, you may think i'm a guy but i may as well be a girl as well. it's easy to do some quick testing yourself, you can do it :)

first check codes yourself, don't trust what anyone else says. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-your-computer-faults-vn-vp.3937

then try pouring cold water over the cas. if it starts, you know your cas is the problem.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
stop paying your mechanic to do **** . i know you're a girl, you may think i'm a guy but i may as well be a girl as well. it's easy to do some quick testing yourself, you can do it

first check codes yourself, don't trust what anyone else says. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-your-computer-faults-vn-vp.3937

I suggested that in post #4....

The CAS is behind the harmonic balancer. Next time it does it, pour some water over it, then try to start it. If it starts straight away, then it is the CAS.