Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Standard Radio removal HELP

Madhouse_Dave

Crazy but Happy
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
You guys are so funny at times..
I will tell you all how I go Im looking at all info posted and will let you kjnow which I am going to use. Maybe I will try the knock-o-meter if I am going to change it all together. Im still laughing about this one.
Cheers
David

Im off to do it right now.. :) :hit:

Madhouse_Dave

Crazy but Happy
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Hi again guys
and thanks for the great info. While the knock-o-meter looked inviting the full removal was achieved by putting in the effort and following the instructions I was given. I dont have a really flash radio to fit back in but its all ready to go when I get one.. Cheers
David :)

sino_2564

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
hi. i am also having trouble removing an original vn radio. i have managed to remove all the dash console and plastic surrounds, including the heater controls so the only thing that i am left with is the radio sitting amongst the frame structure. it appears that there are only two screws left that i have to undo which are connected to brackets that attach to the radio. the problem i am having is getting these screws out as they appear to be screwed in from the firewall outwards which means i can't get to them with a conventional screwdriver. does anyone have any suggestions on how i should remove these screws please? it is very frustrating...

sino_2564

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
wow for sure on original post date! it was the only thread that i could even remotely understand so thought it was worth a shot!

sino_2564

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
just wanted to say thanks for your simple yet effective suggestion which gave me the ability to achieve my goal. it worked and now i am all set to put in my new (but old) sony head unit! thanks again ;)