Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN starting problem

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
hey guys.... im a newie and need lots of help and im hoping i have come to the right place :yeah:

i have a VN S1 and i have had a constant staring problem!
the car will start straight away in the mornings no problem.. but if i drive it and then stop for 10 min..ill go to start it again and it will crank about 6 times then start and blow black smoke.. she neva blows black smoke on me.. then if i turn it off and start it again it will start straight away... :bang:

i have changed :cry:........... get ready for it!

Crank angle sensor, coil pack, new leads, new plugs, i have done a carbon flush, fuel filter replaced, fuel regulator replaced, starter motor replaced, and had the battery checked and had the fuel pump replaced about 5 months ago.......:bang::bang::bang:

i am begging :bow: for help please anything... its doing my head in...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip sounds like the coolant sensor circuit in the ecu

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Definitely leaky injectors in my opinion. If you leave it sitting long enough the fuel will dry up and it you start it again straight away it wont have leaked much. Somewhere in the middle then that's where you have problems

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
thanks..
i have replaced the computer aswell but still no improvment i forgot to put on in the list.. to many things to rememba..lol .... all that it did for some reason make the car really sluggish... i have got my old one in now.. is seems like it has more power for some reason...LOL.. dnt know how that could be...

i might give the injectors a shot this weekend.... just some second hand ones from the wreckers...

is there anything else it could be?..

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
Hey Guys... Heads up.. i fixed it.. it was the leaking injectors... lol..

after all that.. oh well now i wont have to worry so much about all the stuff i replaced later on down the track...

an thanks so much greenfoam.. your a legend.. i went to so many mech's and the could not tell me anything... you saved me alot of money and headace...

thanks again champ..