Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN starting problem

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
well today started my car, was fine, went to start it again and now won't even start????

theres still power to everythings lights, cd player, dash etc. still works but won't crankover or nuthin, like the imobiliser is on???? won't do nuthing

any ideas what it is?

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
well went out there just then went to start it and started up fine, but there has 2 be sumthin with it cause it done it all yesterday???? started it 3 times just then and worked no probs

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Haha. When i first got my car after having a manual ever since i got my L's, I went to start it one day and it wouldnt crank.. I spent literally hours checking all the fuses and starter motor and ****, then after lots of cursing i noticed something... I slid it from drive to park and it started fine... boy did i feel stupid that day. haha.

Yeah it's a calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8L
I fitted my Vp calais with a new radiator, thermostat, took it 4 a spin and was ok, but the next morning I tried 2 start it but it just wont come on. I checked the starter motor and it seem 2 b fine, i dunno what 2 do?????????

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
I fitted my Vp calais with a new radiator, thermostat, took it 4 a spin and was ok, but the next morning I tried 2 start it but it just wont come on. I checked the starter motor and it seem 2 b fine, i dunno what 2 do?????????

it seemed fine? di u look at it and go "looks the same as before must be alright" or did you try to short it out with a screw driver. i had problems like that, i changed the solinoid and never had a problem since.