Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Steering Shake

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hello Guys,

I had a massive steering shake between 60km/h and beyond 100km/h almost undriveable...found out I had blown shocks so I replaced them its better now but i still get a very tiny shake between 60 -100. what would cause this?

What I have done
New front shocks
Every bush replaced with nolathane front and rear
good ball joints
Wheels aligned
VT front caliper and disk upgrade
smooth 20000kms wheel bearings adjusted correctly
New set of perfectly balanced wheels no buckles

cheers guys

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Obviously you've checked for flats on the tyres due to standing. If it is really getting to you check the tailshaft balance.

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey guys

I have swapped in my new front rotors and pads, cleaned the hubs thoroughly, and it still has tiny bit of shake not enough to shake my hands but enough to shake when I let go of the steering wheel. I noticed that on the left wheel the wheel is perfectly round and straight but the new tyre does have a bit of up and down on it when you spin it. all 4 tyres are brand new.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
TLH might get the chocolates, ;) might pay to go and get that tyre checked since its new, it might have a manufacture defect being out of round :).

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
I’d be going for the dodgy tyre myself. If you have a good spare, put it on & take it for a lap, that way you’ll know if that’s the issue then you can get a replacement tyre from whoever supplied the dodgy one.
Cheers........Pete.