Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SV3800 to buy or not to buy

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Always good to check redbook at times like this :p

1989 HSV COMMODORE

VN SV3800 Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 3.8i
Trade in price guide* $4,600 - $6,300
National average price - private sale* $6,100 - $8,800
Price when new (RRP) $39,000
all prices quoted are GST inclusive

1990 HSV COMMODORE

VN SV3800 Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 3.8i
Trade in price guide* $5,100 - $6,900
National average price - private sale* $6,700 - $9,500
Price when new (RRP) $41,900

Appears they only came in Automatic.

Standard Equipment:- Alloy Wheels, Body Colour - Bumpers, Body Kit - F&R Spoilers, Skirts, Rear Apron, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, Power Door Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette, Remote Fuel Lid Release, Spoiler - Rear, Velour Trim

Power 132kW
Acceleration 0-100Km/h 8.1 secs :)

Weighs 1360kg

ALSO, since it's a 5spd, make sure its not just an executive with a SV3800 kit on it :p

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
1991_Vn2nV said:
They're like 130kw... they have a HSV chip and thats all I believe.

Dont strip a HSV man... thats sacrilege...

Too true.. buy it, do it up and enjoy the fact that you own an origional HSV

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Bro you gotta buy it...

I got my normal VN for 2.3K with only 6 months rego ... Has a fair bit of rust, and it's fair share of problems ... You would be crazy not to move heaven and earth to get this car ...

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i would not wreck it at all. if that car was at the auctions it would make more. i saw one at pickles in melbourne. i don't think it had a motor in it and it made 4 or 5 grand. it was an sv5000 though. but still
if you don't want it. pass it on to someone else who will fix it up..

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Your in a predicament arnt you Para. Hmmmm what to do, what to do. one grand is pretty good for a SV3800 I think, but have you already gone too far with you existing pride and joy? Is it worth it? I would have a good look at the car and then decide weather or not to buy.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
its more money aswell... im currently a student... i study 4 days a week with 25 contact hours... i work between 10-12 hours a week.. which isnt alot of money at the age of 18 especially not when you work in a pizza shop, the reason my car is the way it is now is because since i was 14 i worked my ass off.. saved lots of money and brought her...

ive got $400 at the moment.. but thats going into lpg and getting some money back off other things.. i wish i had the money but i think in reality i dont and couldnt afford to buy it... and just dont have the space :( the guys not trying to get rid of it... just passed out a offer