Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SV3800 to buy or not to buy

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys, one of my mates is getting rid of his SV3800
its a 5 speed manaul, its all in good condition except the paint work

now ive put alot of money and time into my calais and its running awesome finally so im not looking to get rid of it, however id love a 5 speed manual..
hes asking $1000 for it (mates rates) id strip the car for parts and probbly sell most of it.. becasue i can get the manual conversion done for free (getting it fitted in exchange for giving my old tranny which is in good condition to my mate who needs it)

would have to go halfs with my brother on the car and strip it for parts we need/want

any diffrence between the 3800 and the SV3800 engine???
worth swapping engines???

anyway anyone know any features the sv3800's had over the calais??? or even exec??

like power windows
interior
bodykit
level3 clusters ect...
"factory tuned 3800" ect

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
sounds like a good deal for the manual. i think they have an ss bodykit, better seats, and possibly electric windows. they have no level 3 cluster. i think theyre based off a berlina. if its your mates car why dont you know what features it has already?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
PaRaDoX616 said:
hahaha

if it were a SV5000 then id agree, but not a SV3800

dunno if i can afford it, still gotta pay insurance and get LPG done, havnt been workin for a few weeks because ive been in and outta hospital soo :S moneys tight

A HSV is a HSV though :p Given they are nothing special, but they are a collectors item, including the SV3800

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I"ll get it for $1000.Any day.

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea i rekon u should get it and keep it as a 2nd car, My 2nd cuz used to have one it was still good, he's was auto and sold it for $4000 cause he needed to get rid of it for money, i would have got it but i didn't money at the time, hope u make a good decision